By BookRenter Andy
The beginning of second semester is a big landmark. It’s a time to wipe away the filth and grime of first semester, set new goals, amend your terrible ways, and get ready for the arrival of spring.
Tips on Goal Setting
1. Be Specific – General goals are harder to achieve, it is better to narrow the scope and create specific goals. For example: I want to loose 10lbs, verse I want to get healthy.
2. Achievable – Make sure as you choose a goal, that it’s something you can achieve. That doesn’t mean it has to be easy, but you don’t want to set yourself up for failure either.
3. Make a Plan – Ask yourself, ” how am I going to achieve my goal?” It can be helpful to write down your goal and the steps you are going to take to achieve it.
4. Give Yourself a Deadline – Nothing like a due date to keep you on track.
5. Reward Yourself – There is nothing like self satisfaction, but you should also remember to reward yourself for your hard work. Treat yourself to something special, whatever that may be.
Senior year my friend Alex started off second semester by putting sheets on his bed and doing laundry for the first time. Two great achievements, and ones that didn’t go unnoticed by his friends, roommates, and the occasional coed guest.
How will you start off the second semester?
Need more ideas? Check out:
“Goal setting should be easy. It should integrate into your life with minimal effort. The strongest goal setters are the ones that make goal setting a priority 365 days a year. Read more >>” lululemon.com
Goal Setting Activities for College Students LiveStrong.com