Filed under: College Life, Food, Tips
Do you have a sweet tooth? Want to satisfy your sugar cravings but don’t want to make large amounts of desserts? Here are some dessert ideas and recipes that are perfect for a single serving. Whether you’re living in a dorm or an apartment, these desserts are easy to make and your friends will love them too (if you feel like sharing that is). Don’t worry about having an oven, all you need is a microwave to make these delicious desserts – perfect for a typical college student!
1) Cake In a Mug
Recipe: Mix in 4 tablespoons of flour, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa, and 3 tablespoons of milk into a mug. Whisk in 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons of oil, and 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips. Feel free to splash in flavoring such as vanilla, cinnamon, or peppermint! Mix it all together and pop it into the microwave for five minutes or less (make sure not to over-cook it).
Photo © ivstatic
2) Chocolate Chip Cookie
Recipe: Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a mug or small bowl in the microwave. Add 1 tablespoon of granulated white sugar, 1 tablespoon of firmly packed dark brown sugar, 3 drops of vanilla extract, and a small pinch of salt. Add in 1 egg and 1/4 cup of flour and mix until the dough is formed. Now stir in 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Sculpt the dough out of the bowl/mug and into a cookie shape. Place it on a small plate lined with a paper towel or parchment paper. Microwave it for about a minute, then let it cool and firm up before eating.
Photo © Kirbie’s Cravings
3) Cocoa Puff Treat
Recipe: Put 1/2 cup of Cocoa Puffs and 2.5 cups marshmallows into a bowl that has been greased. Add in a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips and heat it up in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir to coat the marshmallow and to shape it. Push it together so it gets all stuck together and enjoy!
Photo © Steph’s Bite By Bite
Filed under: Food
It is very possible that I have the largest sweet tooth in the world, especially when it comes to cookies. I love them. And I absolutely love this new recipe, and I have no doubt that you will love it to! This recipe is quite possibly the simplest cookie recipe you have yet to encounter.
- Lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of vegetable oil.
Now, you are probably thinking, what about the milk and butter? Sugar? Something?
There has to be more to it than that, right? Wrong!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour the cake mix into a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 cups of oil and add the two eggs. Mix until smooth
- Spray a cookie pan with non-stick spray
- Dollop up the cookies using a medium sized spoon.
- Place the cookies into the oven for 5-10 minutes. Cookies should be a little soft.
- Let them sit for a few minutes before you take them off the pan.
- Now pop one of them lemon bites into your mouth! Pretty amazing right?!
Best part about this recipe, you can change the flavor just by changing the cake mix! Not a lemon fan? Try strawberry! Vanilla and chocolate are pretty fantastic as well. The possibilities are endless with this one.
Photo © Brown Eyed Baker
Let me know what you all think of this recipe and throw me some of your favorites to try!
Bake on cookie lovers, bake on!
This is the third edition of Adventures in the Kitchen series
Santa will be coming soon and he will be expecting some delicious Christmas cookies. Thanks to the ingenious experiment done by a fellow employee, I have a new and creative cookie for all the Christmas and pumpkin lovers.
Muffin Top Pumpkin Christmas Cookies
- Spice Cake Mix
- 1 Can Of Pumpkin Pie Fillin
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the spice cake mix into a mixing bowl.
- Add the can of pumpkin pie filling and mix until smooth.
- Add pumpkin pie spice to desired taste.
- Butter or spray the cookie sheet.
- Scoop the dough into a plastic bag
- Cut one of the bottom corners of the bag
- Squeeze the dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over cookies when done.
- Let cool – and enjoy!
Photo © SisMiss
Take a big bite out of this delicious pumpkin treat and enjoy some Muffin Top Pumpkin cookies this Christmas. Santa will thank you.