The start of Spring semester here at University of Delaware (UD) means the start of Sorority Recruitment! This is true at a lot of other colleges too! Many people have a tough time deciding whether or not they want to rush, so I’m going to give you the top 5 reasons of why you should consider it!
1. Rush is an intense 2 week period that ends with you gaining hundreds (literally) of new friends and allows you to broaden your network.
2. If you are a freshman (or a transfer student like I was), this is a great way to get yourself out there and get more involved on campus.
3. It looks GREAT on your resume!
4. You have the opportunity to take on leadership roles.
5. Awesome weekend retreats and mixers (social events),
I transferred to UD after my freshman year and knew immediately I wanted to rush. Joining a sorority ended up being the best decision I have made since being at college, and I absolutely love it. It makes this school truly feel like a home away from home.