By BookRenter Nicole
Everyone knows how easy it is to get wrapped up in your own life, right? We slip in to bad habits and forget that we are all part of a larger community. For this very reason The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation was created. Random Acts of Kindness Week is upon us and I’d like to give you some ideas of how you can join in the movement for a more kind-hearted community.
Here are some suggestions:
- Send a hand-made card letting a special someone know how much you appreciate him or her.
- The next time you go to your favorite coffee shop, get one of your pals a drink too. When they ask, “Oh, what’s this for?” tell them, “Just because you’re you. Thanks for everything.”
- Volunteer! Whether it’s donating a coat or helping out at the animal shelter, volunteering is a great way to spread kindness while helping in your community.
- Hold the door for someone when exiting or entering a building. It’s so simple and can be easily overlooked as we rush around our daily lives.
- Leave some notes of inspiration somewhere for a stranger to read. Apparently, “Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty” was found written on a placemat in a restaurant, and the phrase was thereby coined! You could probably make someone smile by leaving a note at the coffee shop that says, “Smile, you’re a great person!”
Now step up to the plate and do a random act of kindness for every day of the week. And why not next week too, or all the time! Feel great about doing something good for someone else. Rack up the good karma points!
We would love to hear how you made someone smile with your random act of kindness.
For more information and ideas, check out randomactsofkindness.org.
Comment on our blog and be entered in to win one of our weekly coffee giveaways. Each winner will receive a $10 gift card, to Starbucks. Winners will be chosen at random and announced each Wednesday.