Marilyn Monroe had it right when she said, “your clothes should be tight enough to show you’re a woman, but loose enough to show you’re a lady.”
Paging through the magazines I read every month (People, InStyle, Cosmo, Vogue, and Self), it’s impossible not to pay attention to the fashion trends taking over each season. Most of the photos in these magazines are the same – low rise jeans, cleavage-baring tank tops, and knee-high boots. I can’t help but wish certain “old-fashioned” styles would make a comeback like…
1. Longer Skirts or at least skirts past the thigh. Too often I see girls going out in skirts that are so short, they could pass for a regular shirt. Maybe I’m old-fashioned, but I think modesty will always be in style.
2. Trench Coats. Something matching the length of your dress looks super classy and put together. Also, whatever happened to wearing coats in the winter that are actually warm and don’t just look like they’re warm? You can be comfortable and fashionable, you know.
3. Shoulder-less Shirts. None of this one-shoulder or strapless stuff. I’m talking about wide-necked shirts that show a lot of collarbone. College women today have forgotten how to show skin and still be classy.
4. Pearls. Diamonds are beautiful but pearls are timeless. Pearls say classy, sweet, feminine. Diamonds say all that and a dollar value.
5. Classic Swimsuits. I miss the days when women weren’t so scantily clad wearing only patches of fabric at the beach. Taylor Swift had it going on with the Kennedy’s, now where are the rest of the apron and corset styles?
Is there a certain something you wish more women would wear? Comment and let us know!