Fancy Yourself A Writer? Guest Blog For Us!

Filed under: Contests and Promotions - BookRenter Team
Tags: , , , , ,

If you have something to say and want to see your name up in lights (or just on our fantastically awesome blog) – send us a post about any or all of the following topics:

-Life of a Student

-Picking the right classes

-Living on a Budget

Send your posts to promotions@bookrenter.com.

If we decide to publish your post, we will send you a $10 amazon gift certificate.

Terms and Conditions

10 Responses to Fancy Yourself A Writer? Guest Blog For Us!

1. Samantha Goldstein says:

The life of a graduate student is much less structured than that of an undergraduate. Hours in the classroom are fewer, although hours of course-related work are greatly increased. The structure that might have been imposed on your undergraduate life by the routine of a dormitory, sorority, or fraternity is gone. You may find yourself far from home for the first time, or you may find that your family responsibilities are increased by marriage or parenthood. In any case, there will be more responsibilities to juggle and fewer fixed points to rely upon.

2. Laurie Belcher says:

Living on a budget is a big task. When you run out of money, hopefully you will have a good neighbor who has a yummy meal to share with you.

Credit cards make it too easy to go over your budget, because you will have bills coming later that will be HARD to pay.

3. richard Peterman says:

I came back to school 25 years after graduating from high school. In high school I had a 2.45 GPA, and did not really strive to achieve much academically. I have Asperger’s Syndrome along with ADD, and dyslexia, which makes it more difficult to achieve as a student. To make things more challenging for me I picked the social work field inwhich many people discourage me from going into. I am a perosn that does not judge others in any manner because of what I go through with my challenges. This past Saturday December 11th I graduated from college with a BSW degree, and to top things off one of my classmates mentioned to me that I made it into the honor society. I am planning to get my Master’s degree in social work because of my Asperger’s Syndrome. I know it does not make sence, but this is what I need to do in order to gain employment in this field. At the BSW level I would have to work in direct contact with clients that come to an agency. I am not able to do this because I am not able to explain well for the client to receive the best benefit for them. At the Master’s level I can observe clients and situations easier for me to advocate on their behalf through researching their situations then write a report on their situation. I tend to do the best I can with my disabilities and have them work in my favor. By the way, I received a 3.76 GPA with my Bachelor’s degree and I use spell check.

4. BookRenter Team says:

Hi Roopi- Make sure to email promotions@bookrenter.com to have your post entered in to be reviewed.

5. Pingback: Tweets that mention Fancy Yourself A Writer? Guest Blog For Us! | The Bookshelf -- Topsy.com

6. Kathleen Bowman says:

60 Credits Later and Still Nothing
    Life of a Student isn’t really a life of his or her own, once you step through those academic doors for the first time, you’re no longer you, a student, but, a seeker of knowledge, you must absorb in order to advance. But, what happens if Life throws you for a loop, like three times it throws you for a loop, pushes you down another path, or three. Does yours Life as a Student continue on it’s merry way? For me, it doesn’t, I started school 27 years ago, and with 60 credit hours and three community colleges under my belt in my travels across this country, I have no degree to show for it but three boys, sons, who are in college now. It’s true I have 4 credits left for my A.A., but it just doesn’t seem that important anymore, since now, my boys are in school. It’s like to me, this is the end of the road when my kids catch up to me and surpass me which is my dream goal, but not my personal goal of once wanting to graduate myself, what then does one do? And where will it take me, and what will it do for me at this passage in my life. These are lessons that can’t be learned in an academic hallway, or can they? Can someone teach me this? Kb

7. Krishna says:

Ah, the many decisions that a student has to make. $ 10 left to see you through till the next pay cheque which is about a week away. You need milk – $ 3.29 (from shoppers) but the exams are upon you and you absolutely cannot go without smoking. And a pack of Next small costs $ 6.00 flat. However, you have to get a book from the library and have a $ 12 fine which you need to reduce to below $ 10.00. What do you do? Common sense would say sacrifice the smokes. But, it was your best friend and not common sense who decided to take you out for drinks a few days before the finals. And what did you do with the $ 10 after getting sufficiently sloshed on your friend’s generosity? Well, bought a pack for $ 6.00 and a shawarma for $ 3.49. Now, you have no milk and will have probably have to sleep with the geriatric librarian in order to pass the final. And this is supposed to be the best time of your life.